The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On route to the north

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

On route to the north Empty
PostSubject: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 pm

After several weeks of fighting the icy winds off the ocean, you all finally arrive in bustling Athkhatla, most of you iced over. At one point everyone had to stop so Rena could be treated for frostbite, and Kendal and Valtheran are just recovering from a nasty cold. Ari shakes ice off her wings. "Perhaps a different means to get up north should be found. At this rate we won't loose any time and we'll still keep to good health." She spreads her wings to protect everyone from the wind, and Karrn and Almechai have taken their humanoid forms. "Until then, we should see if we can find a place to stay."
About that time a guard approaches you. "Ah, you must be Arianrhod and her friends. Please, Lord Denomyr has been waiting your return to Athkhatla, and wishes all of you to stay in the castle, your new friends included."
"Free of charge?"
"Free of charge."
Ari cranes her neck to look at all of you. "Free place to stay until we can find a different route up north, so why not take it?"
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Kendal lets loose a big sneeze. "Sounds like a plan."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Valtheran shrugs. "Makes sense to me. We need someplace to crash while we're planning our next step, anyway."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:07 pm

"I normally like winter but this one's just getting rediculous. Anything that get's us out of these near-constant blizzards is fine." Rena shivers despite being wrapped in a thick fur cloak and clings to Valtheran. Everyone walks up to the castle, and once out of the weather, Arianrhod turns back into her half-dragon self. "I'm only lucky to be part Silver, makes me immune to the cold. Doesn't mean I'm not tired of it."
The guard guides all of you to a nice suite with several rooms. Even Almechai and Karrn could have their own rooms if they wanted.
"The king filled your armoires with warm clothes to change into, and if they're not to your liking you can send for others."
Karrn snorts. "Tha hell is an armoire?"
"It's like a dresser and a wardrobe in one. The top part lets you hang clothes and the bottom has dressers for folded clothes. Royalty like them for the styles available, while commoners like them for their space-saving qualities."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm

"So long as there's a fire available I could care less. ACHOO!!!"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:27 pm

"Kendal's right." Valtheran coughs into his elbow. "Armoires don't really matter right now - getting warm DOES."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Ari and Karrn wander off to the room she claimed, and Rena listlessly stepped into the closest room. Kendal you have one of the last two to pick from, but it seems Al's willing to get warm by the fire in the main room.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Kendal walks into one of the rooms and looks around.

Spot check
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:33 pm

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 14
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Valtheran follows Rena into her room. He' noticed the listlessness and is kinda worried about her.

inisght check
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Kendal I'll keep you in public RP.

Valtheran proceed to : https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com/t76-rena-s-problem#3743

The first room seems fairly simple. There's a spacious queen-sized bed on the far wall with large curtains, great for holding heat in the winter. The fireplace is nearby, a roaring fire heating the whole room. You sense that it's magical in nature. The tub has been moved close to the fire, while the clothes are on the near wall. There's even a mannequin for putting armor on to dry. A large rug covers the floor with ornate designs, and a few of the faded tapestries present pleasant winter images.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:58 pm

As soon as he sees the bed, Kendal's mind wanders far off, where Andromaeda is now. His heart weighs heavy with sadness and longing.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Almechai sets a reassuring paw on your shoulder. "I'm sure she's fine; she's surrounded by about 15 other Eilistrae worshipers, one of them was the head of the local order. And maybe it wouldn't hurt to get some sleep. I know the cold wore me out." He nuzzles you gently with his big head. "I know I'm not Andromaeda, but I'm here for you Kendal. You raised me from a hatchling and all."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Kendal smiles and rubs Al's head. "I know. And I guess there's not really any point in moping about it."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm

"Mmmm well...you can mope if you want. And if you need to. I mean your girlfriend just took off. Yeah, to better herself so she can help out with more than just cooking, but point is she isn't here. I'm just letting you know, I'm here if you need me."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:04 pm

"Thanks Al. Still, right now there's more to do than just mope. Such as some food and then sleep."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 am

He nods. "I'll go have something sent up. Anything you're craving?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

Kendal smiles. "Of course there is. Trips like that tend to bring out the appetite in most people." He then proceeds to rattle off a list of foods, including bacon, cheese, and a couple of baked potatoes.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Almechai leaves and returns about 30 minutes later, a simple meal of meat, bread, and a half-mug of mead. He sets it down.
"Sadly, the city is on half-rations. Some Cultists got into several of the city grainaries and poisoned the food, so there's not enough for the winter. The cooks said the king has found a solution, but a greedy landowner is the only thing stopping him from fixing it. Kinda sucks. I may see if I can help out by participating in hunts to bring in more food. Karrn said he'd help too, so maybe we could haul nets if Ari helps."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Kendal's first thought was the lack of food. "Dammit... why is it always the rich that are the biggest problems?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Al shrugged. "The kitchen staff said the king is looking into a solution, but wouldn't say much more. I guess they don't like me."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Kendal rubs his head again. "I like you, if that counts." Kendal grins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On route to the north   On route to the north Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On route to the north
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: