The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combat Sessions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

Combat Sessions Empty
PostSubject: Combat Sessions   Combat Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 am

K so I need you guys to understand combat; we’ll be getting into it pretty soon.
First off you need to understand your type of attacks.
At-Wills: As the name suggests, you can use them as often as you like.
Encounters: You can use them once per Encounter. In forum, an encounter starts with “YOU HAVE INITIATED COMBAT” and ends with “COMBAT OVER” You can use Encounter Powers once during that time. If you use an encounter outside of combat (yes it is possible with some creativity) I’ll let you know when you can use them again.
Dailies: A Daily can only be used once per day. If you use one, you cannot use it again until your character takes an extended rest (goes to bed for the night) Combat sessions are taxing, and thus we won’t have more than one session, unless I tell you otherwise.

So I tweaked combat a bit. Here’s how the posts are going to look like:
Post 1:
YOU HAVE INITIATED COMBAT
VS.
Gnaw Demon A
Low AC
Low Hitpoints
Gnaw Demon B
Low AC
Low Hitpoints
Gnaw Demon C
Low AC
Low Hitpoints
You’ll see your combatants, as well as a general idea as to their hitpoints & AC [Armor Class] Armor Class is a number that you need to roll higher than to see if you hit. I’ll never tell you exactly what it is, but you’ll be able to hit them. Also, keep in mind that these estimations given to you are not based on their stats compared to yours, but their stats compared to most other monsters. They may say Low, but they can still be a bitch.
Post 2:
Ariahnrhod
Attacking Gnaw Demon A
Piercing Strike
Encounter ✦ Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target and a number of enemies adjacent to you equal to your Wisdom modifier are marked until the end of your next turn.
Roll Results were as follows.
#1 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 10

#3 'd10' : 8

#4 'd10' : 1

#5 'd20' : 20

As you can see, I roll two d20’s, then damage, then another d20. The first is for Initiative (who goes first) the second is to see if my attack lands, the damage rolls, then a final d20 for saves such as against poison & stuff.

Also, I’ll be rolling percentiles to see if you guys get an opportunity attack next round. If two or more allies attack the same enemy, I’ll roll percentiles to see if you combo & how much extra damage you deal. Here’s the charts:

Opportunity attacks:
45-55%-Character gets an opportunity attack on the next turn.
100%-Enemy gets opportunity attack on Character. (You will learn to fear the 100%)

Combo:
1-29%: No combo
30-39%: D4
40-49%: D6
50-59%: D8
60-69%: D10
70-79%: D12
80-89%: D20
90-99%: Percentiles
100%: Characters attack each other (FEAR THE 100%)

And that’s combat in a nutshell. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com

Combat Sessions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Guides-
Jump to: