The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On the Shores of Lake Esmel

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

On the Shores of Lake Esmel Empty
PostSubject: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

You all wake up to a beautiful sight about 3 days after Arianrhod left the group:
A wide lake that almost resembles a miniature sea glistens happily under the rising sun, reflecting gold light back to the skies. A cozy little trade city thrived along the beach, with boats from all over resting in dock. The town was already alive, with people bustling and ships starting to load cargo bound for lands both near and far. As the caravan reached the Caravanserai, Tsume gives you parting advice.
"The best inn you'll find for a deal is The Prancing Gypsy. It's just up the road, has good rooms for a good deal, and is a short distance from so much in the town, including the Beach Market. And Ranger, I'll not reccomend straying from your friends. Buck up and get a room or you'll get mauled. I mean that." She waves you farewell and gets back to work.
Sure enough, the Prancing Gypsy was already a good deal at 3 gold a night. But the owner, a handsome elf, leaned in a bit close. "I'll cut you a deal however; two of my workers quit the other day. I need some help until I can get more. I'll take it down to 2 gold a night including meals if you guys will work for me a bit. It won't be long since I just set word out I need hands this morning. Whaddya say?"
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Kendal considers it. "What would the work entail?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm

"Nothing serious. Just going to my suppliers and confirming orders, making sure orders get in on time, and particularly being heavies to get some of my customers in the bar I also run to pay their tab. No one dangerous of course; I turn to the guards for those. And if it's too far, I'll provide a mount for you to ride."

[Keep in mind, all inns also double as pubs and restauraunts, and some also have stables for customers with mounts.]
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:43 pm

"Doesn't sound too hard... I say go for it."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:45 pm

"Actually, I was wondering if you knew of any sorcerers in town that would be willing to take on an apprentice."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 pm

"Ah! I think I know one. He comes in often actually, especially here of late. Odd little fellow. Claims he's investigating something here in Esmeltarn, but never really says anything more. He usually comes in around the afternoon and leaves just before sundown."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 pm

"So I'm guessing I can count on him coming in this afternoon. In which case I guess I have some time then. What do you need done?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 pm

"Oh the workers that quit were nice enough to at least take care of things before they quit, so you guys can laze around all you want. I'm Talmar by the way."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Kendal looks over at Andromaeda. "What do you think about a bit of shopping and exploring the town?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:23 pm

She gives you a very happy look with a strong nod. "But we should unpack first, and we could check out our rooms."
Talmar nods. "A very wise choice. I have just the rooms too." He guides you up to the rooms, and they are nice ones. It's two rooms, both with a delightful view of the lake. You see a large, rocky outropping jutting out over the water, pointing like some behemoth just stirring from slumber, yet forever held in time. Birds flock to the blue sky from their nests, all creating a peaceful scene perfect for any painting. Andromaeda sighs. "Oh I would have no problem waking up to this view." She turned to Kendal. Let's get our stuff unpacked and get going, shall we? I want to get a proper dress and look good before I go up to the Temple of Eilistrae."
When they left, Talmar turned to Valtheran. "So what are you planing on, Ranger?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:47 pm

"I... hadn't decided yet. Is there a ranger I could train with?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 pm

"None that I know of. I was wondering because I may have something interesting for you. There's something attacking people in the city. The guards would appreciate some extra help in hunting this thing. I have two of the guards in the pub below right now. They're off-duty at the moment, but they'll be getting onto work soon. Get your name in with them, and I'm sure they'll pay you for your efforts."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 pm

"Sounds interesting. Any idea what the thingamabob is?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 pm

He shrugged his shoulders. "Guards know more about it. I'd go talk to them before they get going."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Valtheran heads into the inn and looks for the guards
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Kendal before you guys can head out, a whole commotion starts outside the inn. A battered Arianrhod is hauled inside and up to a room, a strange woman and a cleric running alongside. Valtheran also darts by, waiting outside the room for news.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Kendal just stands there all confused. He walks over to Valtheran. "What's going on? And was that Arianrhod?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Valtheran looks startled. "Oh, it's you. Yea, it was her. Can't talk - gotta dash." He runs into the building.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 pm

A few hours after Arianrhod is brought into the room, the cleric and the Dutchess steps out. The cleric bustles off while the Dutchess sticks around to deliver the news. "She's stable, but out of it. Probably won't come around until tomorrow morning. With that out of the way, I should get back to work. If any of you have issues, feel free to come to me about it." She heads off, leaving the room open.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:10 pm

"Now I'm really confused. Who was that?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Talmar is bringing some hot drinks up. "That was the Dutchess of our town. Seems the Duke put her in charge for the day. Maybe she'll change things for the better in her day of power. And hopefully the Duke doesn't screw up all her fixes. Here. These'll help."
Umbre follows upstairs about now. "No investigating for you today Kendal. Now would be a good time to pray. Both of you." He heads back down.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Kendal thinks on it. "I'm actually not sure how to pray to Peludra..."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Valtheran heads out to the woods to do his prayers.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Kendal rolls a religion check
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Shores of Lake Esmel   On the Shores of Lake Esmel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Shores of Lake Esmel
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: