The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Empty
PostSubject: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 pm

K so I'm going to be gone from Oct 28-Nov 1. So to give you guys some extra xp so you can gain that final level I want you at, here's an awesome thread that I'm making. It's just between Kendal & Valtheran, and you two can get creative. Or silly. Or serious. Point is if I like it you'll get the XP for that next level.
And I'm a VERY merciful, evil, DM.

Also, first to post here gets to make up the scene. So go for it.
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Kendal and Valtheran leave Arianrhod after having a short talk with her. They head downstairs to the bar. Kendal calls for a pint.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Valtheran heads outside to get some air and think over what Arainrahod said.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Kendal is sipping his ale and just observing the tavern. A big burly man nearby starts talking loudly, obviously drunk. "Thish ish how dull a dwarf really ish." He then proceeds to dump his ale on Kendal's head. "He won't do a thing about it eith-*hiccup*-er". Kendal, his hair and beard soaked with ale, calmly puts his mug down, stands up on his stool, and proceeds to punch the man as hard as he could in the face. Instead of falling backwards, he is actually made less drunk. The tavern all of a sudden gets really quiet.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Valtheran hears this and heads back inside. Quiet bars are never good. He sees Kendal facing off with a large man. "How about you leave him alone?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 pm

The big man looks over to the newcomer. "So, you want to fight as well? I have the solution to this problem." He pulls out a nice sharp dagger.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 pm

"I don't go looking for fights - I just go into pubs and they find me." Valtheran pulls out the dagger that Arainrahod gave him. It's bigger and sharper then the one the big guy has.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 am

The large man laughs. "So, you like to play huh?" He pulls out a large sword. "This is a longsword, and you have nothing but that little knife."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 am

Valtheran laughs with him. "No worries." He reaches behind him and pulls out his longbow. "THIS, my friend, is what I call a longbow." He shoots the big guy in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm

The man howls in pain, and right then two other guys, similar in build, run up to help him. They look at both the dwarf and the human. "You'll pay for this, both of you." They pull out their short swords. Kendal and Valtheran just look at each other, then back at the two brutes. The brutes charge forward.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Valtheran grabs Kendal. "How about we play a game? Hot Potato sound good?" He tosses Kendal at the men.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:39 pm

The man catches Kendal. Kendal looks up at him, says "My hero." and then proceeds to put himself on fire, thus setting the man who caught him on fire. Kendal is dropped, but he lands on his feet somehow. He then attacks the other guy's knees, shouting "YOUR KNEECAPS ARE MINE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Valtheran laughs and punches the other guy in the face. "Are you ALWAYS this scrappy?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Kendal looks up at him. "Only since I got mugged the day before I met Arianrhod." By this time, several more men come at the two. Kendal grabs the nearest chair, a chair that someone was just about to sit in, and slammed it into one of the charging men.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:37 pm

"Rincewind, we can't take you anywhere, can we?" Valtheran dodges a punch neatly, tripping the poor bastard and kicking him in the face on the way down.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Kendal blows out another one's knee, and then punches him with an uppercut as he comes down. "He's the one that started it. I was just having a pint of ale when he poured his drink over my head."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 pm

"Your point? You still managed to start a bar brawl." By now, the rest of the bar has joined in and Val slams two of their heads together.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Kendal keeps pulling out chairs and smashing them into the forest of legs. By this time it's a free-for-all. "Well, so long as we don't have anyone else joining in on the fight, I think we can finish this."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Just as Kendal says that, the wall explodes and 10 ninjas fly in, led by the dwarf Kilroy Stonekin. Valtheran looks at them and goes "Ninjas? REALLY? What the fuck?" as two other ninjas start yelling at kilroy for going in there without a plan... AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Kendal see's this, and then he just walks over between the forest of legs, takes the last chair in the bar, and slams it into some random bar drunks' face. The drunk is thrown back into a large group of fighting drunks, and knocks them all down, still fighting. They somehow then proceed to roll across the floor, still fighting, and gathering speed, roll right into the ninja squad. They all scatter, and Kendal shouts out "STRIKE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm

"THAT was anticlimactic." Kilroy comes charging back in shouting "KILLLLLLROY STONEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Kendal picks up one side of a table while Valtherna picks up the other side. They throw it at the charging Ninja Dwarf, and manage to knock him flying back to the hole they came through.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 pm

"Now STAY OUT!" Valtheran sends a few arrows in that direction for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Kendal looks around at the tavern. He notices that he's broken every chair in there, and almost every patron is on the ground whimpering about their knees and shins. He looks over at the tavern keep. "Sorry about this. We can loot the bodies and pay you with whatever we find." The tavern keep is just cleaning one of his glasses. "Don't worry about it. I always keep some money stashed away just for things like this." Kendal then heads over and loots the dwarf's body.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Valtheran loots most of the other bodies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....   In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In a Tavern in the Middle of Somewhere....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section :: PC Talk-
Jump to: