The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Empty
PostSubject: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 pm

You bump into eachother as you head to your own destinations.
Valtheran, Markus is complaining about how hard it is to stay away from women.
Kendal, you see Valtheran followed by his human friend you met earlier (Markus) and a shifter. This one's tall with sandy blonde hair and a long duster jacket. On his back you can see a hammer and shield.
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm

"Hey there Valtheran, Markus." Kendal nods to them both. "And who's the new guy? Yet another friend from your old home?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Valtheran nods. "How's Andromadea coping?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 pm

"Well, right now she's having some trouble dealing with it. But hopefully I can help her through."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm

"I am Adrian Stormcaller, a Warden. Its nice to meet you. You must be Kendal. Markus told me a bit about you. And to answer your other question, yes I am a friend from Rydal."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 pm

"Markus told you a bit about me? We met for maybe two minutes."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:25 pm

pass)
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

"Well, if you guys are interested, check these things out." Kendal pulls out the two crystal balls from earlier. The silver one still has ice on it, the bronze one gleaming in the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Valtheran stares at them. "What are they?"
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Markus and Adrian are both making Nature checks.
Markus: "Uhm, I got nothing."
Adrian: "Whatever they are, they're natural. That's all I got."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 pm

"I don't know. I found them after practicing on the carcass of a recently killed dragon."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 pm

"It wouldn't be this dragon would it?" Adrian produces a small artbook. Flipping to a later page he shows you a large dragon with a yellow crest of horns atop its head. It looks just like the one you tore into. When you confirm, he puts away the book. "That's the one we were going to beat up just now. It's an Abyssal Dragon; to be precise it's the one Rena took down just the other day."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 pm

"Well, there goes that plan."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:47 pm

"Oh... sorry about that guys." Kendal looks apologetic.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:52 am

Adrian bounds up a nearby signpost and scans the direction Kendal came from. "Head's destroyed but the rest of it looks still good enough to fight." He nimbly jumps down.

Just then, the brass orb begins rocking in Kendal's hand. The rockings get more violent, forcing him to put away the silver orb. Cracks start appearing, small at first, getting longer and larger. A brown-scaled reptilian head suddenly pops out, jetising a shard of the egg.
"I'm alive!" It proclaims, followed by squinting his big, yellow eyes and hiding them under the wings that emerge from the egg. "Ouch! Bright! Mom never told me it would be this bright...5 more minutes." He then looks up at all of you, then fixing is gaze on Kendal. "Who are you?"

Kendal, you are holding a baby dragon.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Kendal almost drops the egg in surprise.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:53 pm

"WHOA!" The dragon had to burst out of his egg to grab your hands and steady himself. "THAT is no way to treat I, Almechai of the Brass Dragons!" He breathed in deep through his nostrils and opened his mouth with a hiss aimed right at your face. A sulphurous odor escapes, but nothing else. He pulled a face. "Okay so I can't breath fire yet but when I can your butt is ROASTED. Now tell me who you are, tiny mortal, for I am hungry for a meal and short of patience. I may have just hatched but I could break your BONES." He whirls his head around and glares at Markus. "SILENCE. I heard that laughter. Save the merriment when I am in a better mood." He turned back to Kendal. "So, your name? Or have you become too shy to talk, frightened by the very presence of a Dragon?" At this last phrase he spreads his wings.

He's the size of a cat. A small cat.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 pm

"Scared of him, are you, Kendal?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Kendal recovers from his initial shock. He looks at the small dragon in his hands with a quizzical look. "Um... how exactly can you break my bones? You've only just hatched."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

"Do you REALLY want to know? After all, he might show you by demonstrating it."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Almechai snorted at your face before leaning close. "If I were more disposed to such behavior, I could rip your face off." He backed up. "But I am not disposed to such things. At least the human understands such things." He squeezed your arm tightly in his tail. Not tight enough to be painful, but enough to be uncomfortable and get his point across. "Now that we have cleared that matter up, WHAT. IS. YOUR. NAME?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 pm

"Kendal. And, may I ask, why are you so rude just out of the egg?" Kendal fixes the wyrmling with a stern look.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Just as he's about to respond, Almechai's stomach growls loudly and angrily. He closes his mouth and holds up a claw. Jumping down from your hands he proceeds to eat what pieces of his dragon shell are nearby. He then looks at you. "Sorry about the crankyness. It's kind of tiring to hatch from an egg. On top of that before being eaten, I had to listen to my parents fight tooth and claw to try and protect me, only to perish at the fangs of a dragon. Thankfully my egg can be stored in strong acid and the acid of his stomach didn't hinder my developement any. Altogether I've had a rough life, so again I apologize for my terseness earlier. I do hope you'll forgive me. Oh, I recall hearing you found two orbs, I assume one was my egg, and I imagine the other was another egg. If you show it to me I might be able to tell you how to incubate it. After all my parents did tell me a lot about such things, among other things. But that's a discussion for another time."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 pm

All of a sudden it hit Kendal straight in the face. This is a DRAGON. Hatched in his hands. He literally stumbles as if he was hit with something.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:00 pm

"Mnah-ha!" He flutters his wings weakly as he tries to dodge getting stepped on. "Kendal, I understand you may be surprised, but you have to realize that lives are on the line. If that egg isn't incubated right, the dragon simply won't HATCH. It will DIE." He sighs and scampers around to his bag. Almechai jumps up and starts rummaging around. You hear him talk from inside the bag. "Ah! It's a silver! Bugger must have eaten it recently; there's still ice on it. This is good." He pops his head up out of the bag. "Kendal! Can you make ice?"
Rhimefrost has already been used; you still have Dragonfrost though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where   Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start of the New Journey to Who Knows Where
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: