The Balance of Fate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

2 Empty
PostSubject: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Arianrhod and Rhianwen return to the room at around noon the next day. Arianrhod is sweaty as though she's been training. She gathers everyone around the table.

"K so I was wanting to find out, does anyone have any compunctions to working for either Athkhatla or the Thay Embassy. I imagine Athkhatla will send us on errands to find treasures or handle little problems like that, and won't pay much. Thay however tends to pay more, but we'll find ourselves dealing with more diplomatic issues. Either way I'd like to stay here in town a while where we can get a lot of things taken care of. I want to know everyone's opinion, and since we'll be here for a while anyway we can sit and think on it."
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Valtheran stands and stretches. "I personally don't have a problem with it - but I don't think it should be for too long. We should get moving again as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Rhianwen shrugs. "I hardly think my opinion is noteworthy; I know little of this region."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Kendal thinks about it. On one side there's good pay but requires brain work. On the other side is lots of grunt work, but little pay. "I think I'll go with the Athkhatla and do what they need done."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
DM of this Party

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:56 pm

"So there's one for Athkhatla and the rest of us are indecisive, one passing vote. Valtheran think on it for a day, and I'll do the same. If you don't mind me, I have been training, I am sweaty, and I need a bath. I'm stepping out."

Arianrhod went to her room. Sounds of bath preparations could be heard.
Back to top Go down
https://balanceoffate.forumotion.com

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Rhianwen turns to Kendal. "Oh, I didn't get a chance to say thank you for making me feel better when we stepped in the embassy. I ended up going with Arianrhod before I could thank you properly." She smiles warmly.

She looks at Valtheran and Kendal. "I...I would also like to introduce myself properly to you both. I am Rhianwen Talaith of the city of Shade in Netheril, far to the north."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:01 pm

"I've never been there. Then again, I've never been anywhere really. What's it like?"
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Rhianwen smiles, happy to explain. "It is a mighty metropolis, a flying city far above the land, more in the sky. It is ruled by the council of shades, powerful wizards who keep the city suspended in the air. It's dark and shadowy; the entire place has the scent of the Shadowfell about it."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm

"Well, I guess that explains you're rather "shady" demeaner"
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Rhianwen looks at both of them. "What about both of you? Your names, and where you're from?" She grins at Kendal. "Me? Shady?" She pouts. "Whatever do you mean?" she says jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 pm

"I'm Kendal the Sorcerer, and as of late, Kendal the Confused. I'm just from a small farm, some ways away from here."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:14 pm

"I'm Valtheran the Ranger. And I think that's all you really need to know."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Rhianwen rolls her eyes. "Very well, if that's what you feel. I will not ask you such personal questions if it bothers you." She pointedly turns away from Valtheran, hurt by his reaction, and smiles at Kendal. "From...a farm?" she asks. "But, you're a dwarf, aren't you? I never knew dwarves had farms. Then again, being from the city, I know nothing whatsoever of farms and who might be on them."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Kendal shifts a little. "I'm... not your typical dwarf. I was raised by humans since i was a baby. I don't know the details about it."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Rhianwen grins. "Well, then we have something in common. I was raised by my guild, which is run by humans. So if you ask me about eladrin, I really have no clue about my own people, except the few eladrin members of the guild, who far, far outrank me."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

"I don't give personal details to people I don't trust. You are someone I most definitely don't trust - and you didn't exactly make a good first impression. That didn't help any." He stares at Rhianwen with a flinty gaze. "Earn my trust and you'll learn more about me."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Rhianwen says quietly, "And how would I go about earning your trust, Valtheran? Surely answering that question isn't too personal for you?" she asks icily.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:25 pm

"Show that you're worthy of it." He answers with an equally icy tone as he walks off.
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Rhianwen sighs. She looks at Kendal. "...um....am I that horrible?" she asks. "I....geez, I know I made a poor impression, but....I never did anything to him! I just watched all of you! That's it!"
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Kendal looks at the direction that Valtheran went with a confused look. "Ever since i met him he's been so... closed. I don't know what's going on with him."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Rhianwen nods. "He wants me to be worthy of trust....but....considering my profession, he's never going to consider me worthy. There's no way I can succeed. I don't even know what he thinks of as worthy. Arianrhod understood what I was talking about, and she believed why I was here." Rhianwen looks at Kendal and says gently, "Besides, if I had meant harm, I had followed all of you for days. And I don't sleep. Eladrin only trance for four hours. I could have killed all of you in your sleep. And I didn't. I think that says alot to the fact I meant no harm."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:36 pm

"That alone is enough for me. I really cannot explain him."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Rhianwen sighs. "If you prefer Athkatla, though, I shall also pick that option. While I like the Thay embassy, I want to try something easy first that's pretty basic." She pulls out some of her rations from her bag, snacking on her jerky. She grins. "I'll be nice to Valtheran though. I won't make fun of him for his height."
Back to top Go down
Tayen

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Kendal laughs that distinctive Dwarf laugh. "He's already made fun of mine, so it wouldn't hurt to do the same thing to him."
Back to top Go down

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Rhianwen laughs. "Why should such gigantic people make fun of us normal sized people?" she asks. "It's entirely unfair."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2   2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: